Mar 03, 2020 | Kevin Mehlenbacher | 612 views
Mota Elite Hockey Skills March Break Camp
Mota Elite Hockey Skills is happy to announce the 2020 March Break Camp will be a FULL DAY camp this year, running from March 16th to March 20th.
The training format will focus on developing the proper mechanics towards combining the dynamics of skating, shooting and efficient puck handling skills executed at game speed.The camp will be 4 hours of ice time every day, with 2 hours of skill development, and 2 hours for edge work and power skating. There is also 2 hours for dry land strength development, dry land hockey skills, and 1 hour for motivational mindset scheduled every day.
The following skills will be focused on:
- Skating Efficiency and Edge Control
- Fundamental Puck Handling Skills
- Stopping and crossovers with proper escape maneuvers and transitions with and without the Puck
- Controlled Stick Handling while skating
- Shooting Techniques
- Shooting Power and Quick Release
- 4 Hours ON ICE each day that includes both power skating, edge work and puck skills
- 2 hours OFF ICE each day with a focus on athletic skill training that will emphasize stick handling, reflex and assessment speed training, strength and conditioning training. (Players should bring proper gym attire)
- 1 hour for daily mindset and motivational training.
All players will need full hockey equipment, water bottles, gym attire and a lunch. Lunch will be provided on the final day.
Camp is open to all players 8 to 17, split between 2 groups. This camp is NOT a learn to skate camp.
All ice times are at Hespeler Memorial Arena
Skating and Edge instruction will be assisted with Terri Ford skating.
Space is limited. Registration for each age group will be capped. Players could be moved to a different group based on skill and ability.
To register, contact Kevin by email
at: [email protected]
Please note that your spot is confirmed once payment is received.
Cost is $500.00 for the week, and will include a jersey. Please indicate what size jersey and player position at time of registration.
A complimentary Mota Elite Hockey Skills T-Shirt for the first 20 registrants.
Awards will be given out at the end of the week for the following categories:
- Most dedicated to improvement
- Most improved
- Hardest worker
- Mentor-ship / team attitude award
***EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION***
$450.00 Early Bird Price
A discount for siblings will be offered.
For any players looking to earn volunteer hours, assistance for setting up dry land equipment will be credited.
As of February 1st 2020, the regular price of $500.00 will apply
Camp schedule is as follows:
Monday - Drop off at 730am - pick up - 430pm
Tuesday - Drop off at 730am - pick up 430pm
Wednesday - Drop off at 730am - pick up 430pm
Thursday - Drop off at 730am - pick up 430pm
Friday - Drop off at 730am - pick up 430pm