The Vice President is elected by members at the Annual General Meeting. He/She shall assist the President in the general supervision of the Association. He/She shall perform the duties of the President in his/her absence and organize and chair the discipline committee.
Skills/Attributes recommended: The candidate should have exceptional communication and mediation skills, strong organizational and leadership skills, a solid knowledge of hockey, a thorough understanding of the HMHA constitution, rules of operation, harassment and abuse policy and OMHA rules and regulations and be reliable, flexible and respectful.
Have or be willing to obtain Speak-out/prevention services certification.
Have or be willing to obtain a Police record check.
Sign and abide by any code of conduct adopted by the executive.
Time commitment is heaviest at the beginning and end of the season. At those times 5-10 hours a week or more would be required. Throughout the season it can average to 3-4 hours not counting attending games. More hours required when discipline issues arise.
- The Vice President shall:
● assume the duties of the President in the absence for any reason
of the President
● monitor adherence by the Board to all existing Policies and inform
the Board with respect to any inconsistencies between existing
Policies and a proposed policy
● Oversee all disciplinary concerns, appoint a Discipline Chairman
in consultation with the President for the purpose of establishing a
three-member Discipline Committee.
● he/she shall sit on the Hespeler Referees Association Discipline
● carry out other duties as assigned by the Board or the President
● maintain the Vulnerable Sector Search Record Check
● Coordinate the election process for the Lifetime Member Award