Registration and Privacy Director
The Registration and Privacy Director is elected by members at the Annual General Meeting. He/She is responsible for ensuring all players playing in the HMHA are properly registered with OMHA. He/She will hold 2 Walk-In Clinics at the Hockey Office in July for members to register and receive the Early Bird rate. He/She will hold a walk-in clinic in August for members to register at the regular rate. He/She is responsible for liaising with OMHA and Hockey Canada for player transfers in/out of HMHA. He/She will work with HMHA’s treasurer to ensure all members’ registration fees are paid in full when required.
Skills/Attributes recommended: The candidate should have exceptional communication and privacy skills, strong organizational skills, have access to a computer, a thorough understanding of the HMHA constitution, rules of operation, and be reliable, flexible and respectful.
Have or be willing to obtain Speak-out/prevention services certification.
Have or be willing to obtain a Police record check.
Sign and abide by any code of conduct adopted by the executive.
Time commitment is heaviest at the beginning of the season. At those times 5-10 hours a week or more would be required. Throughout the season it may require the odd hour here and there.
- Promote the image of the association and of the sport of hockey within the community.
- Attend the monthly HMHA executive meetings.
- Hold 2 Walk-in clinics in July for Early Bird Registrations, and hold 1 Walk-in clinic in August for Regular Rate Registrations.
- Register all player registrations (walk-in, mailed in, emailed in, or on-line) with Hockey Canada and OMHA.
- Submit any player transfers in/out of the HMHA with Hockey Canada and OMHA
Check mail slot in the office on a regular basis and respond