President (revised Feb 2010)
The President is elected by members at the Annual General Meeting. He/She shall exercise general supervision of the Association and represent it in the community. He/She shall chair all regular monthly meetings and all special meetings of the board.
The candidate should have exceptional communication and mediation skills, strong organizational and leadership skills, a solid knowledge of hockey, a thorough understanding of the HMHA constitution, rules of operation, and OMHA rules and regulations and be reliable, flexible and respectful.
Have or be willing to obtain Speak-out/prevention services certification.
Have or be willing to obtain a Police record check.
Sign and abide by any code of conduct adopted by the executive.
Time commitment is heaviest at the beginning and end of the season. At those times 5-10 hours a week or more would be required. Throughout the season it can average to 3-4 hours not counting attending games.
- The President shall:
● represent the Association in the Community
● act as Chair of the Board at all meetings of the Membership
● exercise general supervision of the Association in accordance with
Policies determined by the Board;
● be a non-voting Member of all committees and sub-committees of
● assist with policy aspects of the association such as OMHA
Guidelines, Rules and Regulations, Certifications, Harassment
and Abuse and Discipline, Registration
● report regularly to the Board on matters of interest
● ensure all necessary and appropriate Board insurance has been