Welcome back to
are now registered to play hockey for the 2021-2022 season and are ready to get
back on the ice!
many of you are aware, due to AAA/AA tryouts taking place in September, HMHA tryouts
will start September 24th for all U12 to U18 players and September 27th for all
U8 to U11 players.
Although the regular seasons for Rep. and Local League hockey can't begin until the conclusion of tryouts, HMHA is offering some development sessions at a minimal cost for players wanting some development ice time prior to Rep. hockey tryouts. The ice times will include instruction on skating, puck handling and other skills at the Rep. level. These ice times are open to all HMHA registered players and are for player development only. No player evaluations will take place during these ice times.
All ice times are at the Hespeler arena and the total cost for the 4 development sessions is $50 per player.
To register for these development sessions please complete the form here.
A maximum of 40 players per age group will accepted. If required, age groups may be combined pending the number of players participating.
Once you’ve completed the form, submitted payment and your registration with HMHA has been verified your spot in these development sessions is confirmed. You will be contacted directly if your spot can not be confirmed.
The City of Cambridge has implemented the following rules for entrance into the Hespeler Arena. Please review and follow accordingly.
- All individuals entering the arena will still be required to complete the online screening at www.cambridge.ca/screening<ArcGIS Survey123>
- Doors will be opened 15 minutes before your scheduled ice time and the group must depart the building within 15 minutes following the ice time.
- Dressing rooms will be open for use but showers will remain closed. Similar to the rest of the facility a face mask must be worn at all times when in the dressing room until players are about to put on their helmet and enter the ice surface. Dressing room capacity is not limited at this time but staff ask that groups spread out between the designated dressing rooms as much as possible.
- There is no window of time between ice rentals this year i.e. bookings are 5-6pm, 6-7pm etc. Disinfecting of dressing rooms will take place between rentals.
- On ice capacity is set at 45 people at this time, including players benches. This may change but for now this is what we're working with.
- Spectators are permitted to a maximum of 50% of the facility capacity.
- In addition to following municipal, regional and provincial guidelines, all groups are required to have a return to action/play guideline in place for your group.