Dec 15, 2021 | Lori Hall | 1967 views
In response to the ever changing COVID19 pandemic and the current Omicron variant, HMHA will be implementing the following additional measures to keep all of our members and families safe. These additional measures come into affect immediately and stay in affect until further notice.
- One parent or guardian is allowed down in the hallway of the dressing rooms to assist a player with getting dressed or undressed
- Spectators must wear masks when inside of the arena (except for when eating and drinking)
- When in the stands spectators can sit with their immediate family members but must observe social distancing of 6 feet from other families in the stands
- Coaches and team staff must wear masks at all times on and off of the ice
- Players should be wearing masks in the arena up until they put their helmet on to go on the ice
- For practices and games, all players of all age groups must come to the arena dressed as much as possible and arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to their ice time
- Spectators must exit the arena immediately following the game or practice and wait for their player outside where possible
- Coaching staff and players must exit the arena within 15 minutes of their ice time ending
- No indoor activities such as dryland, Christmas parties or team gatherings until further notice
- Please follow all arena and public health directions and recommendations during this time
We are always looking out for the health and well being of our members and their families during these difficult times. With these additional measures being put in place we hope to slow the spread of COVID19 and get back to normal operations in the very near future. We will continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations laid out by Waterloo Region Public Health Unit and will make any recommended changes as directed.