As part of the Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA), Hespeler Minor Hockey supports the Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) in their mission to support trans-inclusive hockey in Ontario. If you will be volunteering as a Team Official (coach,
assistant coach, trainer or manager) with any HMHA team for the upcoming season, you are required to complete the following training.
Training will cover:
- Understanding Discrimination based on Gender Identity and Gender Expression Training for Team Officials
- A Guide to the Dressing Room Policy and Confidentiality Statement
Gender Identity & Expression Training is required for all Representative and Local League coaches, assistant coaches, trainers and managers. We encourage all Team Officials to complete this training as soon as possible so that teams can be rostered on time.
The Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) has announced the launch of a new training course for Team Officials, to support trans-inclusive hockey in Ontario, Understanding Discrimination based on Gender Identity and Gender Expression Training. There are two modules which will educate Team Officials on this important topic.
What Team Officials Need to Do
- If you don't have an eHockey Account, get one now
- Register for the Online Course
- Upon registering for the clinic, team officials will receive an email with instructions for completing the modules
- Use a Supported Device - Mac/PC Desktop Computers only (No phones or iPads)
- Have the Required Software - Adobe Flash 10.3 or later and a modern web browser (Explorer, FireFox or Chrome)
- Complete both modules in order to receive credit
- Your Username and Password to launch the online program will be the same as your eHockey account